PCA awards scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
- Leadership: Making one's teammates better
- Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Eligibility extends to any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports!
We are currently reviewing 2017 Applications. The 2018 Application Period will open January 1, 2018.
Questions? Contact PCA's Jennie Wulbrun.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
We are currently reviewing 2017 Scholarship Applications. Finalists will be announced in August, 2017. The 2018 Application Period will open January 1, 2018.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2019)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
The application period for 2017 awards was from January 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017. 2018 application period will begin January 1, 2018.
Applications can only be submitted online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application are contained within the application link that will be available January 1, 2018. As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
Selection and Notification
All 2017 scholarship finalists will be notified via email in August of 2017 and the full list will be posted on PCA’s website. Winners of the 2017 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship will be announced on a chapter basis throughout the winter of 2017 and spring of 2018. Scholarship checks will be mailed in Spring/Summer 2018.